PLANNING YOUR WEDDING IN PARIS
So you’ve just gotten engaged – this is where it starts for any couple hoping to tie the knot in a year or two. But there are so many things to do, where should you start?
When should I choose my dress, send out the wedding announcement, leave my wedding files into the town hall? When do I need to book my venue and vendors?
Your wedding planner is here to help.
A WEDDING TAKES MONTHS TO PREPARE
Just how long will depend on the date, location, type of wedding, number of guests, and many other things.
For peace of mind, you should leave yourself at least 12 months to organise a summer wedding.
ORGANISING A WEDDING CAN TAKE BETWEEN 250 AND 300 HOURS!
If you think you won’t have that much free time between work and other commitments, or if such a big task feels like too much for you to handle alone, you should consider calling a parisian wedding planner agency.
An agency will be able to provide experts in wedding organisation and a list of trusted vendors, which can be a huge benefit to couples.
To help you with your planning, we have put together a wedding schedule…so print it off, stick it to your fridge, and tick off items as you go.
12 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Draw up your first guest list – this will determine how big your reception room needs to be
- Choose where you’re going to have your civil and (if you’re having one) religious ceremonies
- Contact the town hall (and officiant if you’re having a religious service) to fix a date
- Send out a save-the-date to let guests now they will be receiving an invite
- Decide your budget and figure out who is paying for what
- Pick and reserve a reception room
- Choose and contact a wedding planner 😉
9-6 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Choose and book your main vendors – DJ, caterer, photographer, videographer, florist, decorator, hairdresser, makeup artist, entertainer…
- Choose your dress and begin the fitting process 6-4 months before the wedding
- Choose a theme or decoration scheme
- Start any necessary religious preparations
6-4 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Contact your lawyers if you are making a prenup
- Book transport for the bridal party (and guests, if necessary)
- Draw up your final guest list and amend the invitation list accordingly
- Choose and order your rings
- Choose your flower girls and page boys and pick their outfits
- Work with your caterer to choose a menu and attend a tasting dinner or two
4-2 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Finalise your wedding file at town hall
- Choose the groom’s suit
- Choose your accessories – jewellery, shoes
- Choose and order your invitations to send out two months before the wedding
- Draw up a seating plan and room layout
- Order flowers
- Choose your ceremony music
- Choose the most important music of the evening (for your entrance to the reception, for cutting the cake…)
- Book your honeymoon
2-1 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Prepare your order of service, if you’re having one
- Print your menus
- Choose and order your wedding favours
- Do a makeup and hair trial run
- Book a babysitter, if necessary
1 MONTH – 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Do a final guest list check
- Confirm each vendor to double check they are still booked for your event
2 WEEKS – 1 DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Purchase any last-minute items (rice, flower petals…)
- Collect your dress and the groom’s suit if you haven’t already
- Wear in your shoes
- Organise your things for the big day
- Revisit your seating plan in line with the RSVP list
- Have one last meeting with your wedding planner
- Pack your bags for the honeymoon, even if you’re not leaving for a week or two after the wedding – you’ll have enough to do without worrying about suitcases!
THE BIG DAY